IBD

Innovations in IBD: Chronicles Health Wearables

Wendy_LExpert
Care Partner of Adult
Updated January 31, 2022 in IBD

Dr. Iraklis Kourtis has always been an innovator; he loves to solve problems. So he has combined his data science and immunology background to create Chronicles, an IBD patient platform that uses wearables (which integrate artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms) and patient-reported quality of life metrics to detect patterns in the disease, resulting in personalized healthcare. His company is trying to close the loop between the patient and the care team. Yes, there are many innovations out there competing for patient interests, but for each new one that emerges, I personally feel encouraged and full of that sweet sense of hope for the future of IBD care, thanks to the motivation of those like Dr. Kourtis.

I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts on wearables (like FitBit); do you have confidence that they provide accurate info? Would you try out an app like Chronicles (or EnLiSense, from last week's innovation post)?

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• invisibleUCPatient

I have to check the last post with more information on the similar apps. This sounds interesting to check out. I do use wearables and think they are good mix of cool, convenient and all up in my business lol. But I would love to check out one that caters to the IBD community.

February 1, 2022
  • Wendy_LExpert
    Care Partner of Adult

Good to hear that wearable can really work. (I've never tried one.) But to be clear, these innovation posts I share are new products in development. Some may be available to the market, so feel free to explore and report back here :-)

February 1, 2022