Crohn’s Disease

Stelara

ShellyPatient
January 5, 2022 in Crohn’s Disease

I have been on Stelara injections for 2 years and recently moved from every 8 weeks to 4 weeks. Based on some early clinical data, there is evidence of it helping to repair strictures and narrowing in the gut. Anyone else going down this path with good outcomes?

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• HppyKraBPatient

Hi there- I also have been on it for a couple of years Around a year ago, my doctor recommended I switch to every 4 weeks instead of 8, as I thought I had a stricture. Not sure if it was due to the medication frequency change, but my stricture symptoms did go away. Hope the same for you!

January 11, 2022
  • ShellyPatient

Thanks for weighing in on this! 🙏 Gives me some hope! Curious if you've seen any changes in blood labs. Like my Bilirubin has gone up. Also, curious if you're vaccinated and considering a 4th shot?

January 11, 2022
  • HppyKraBPatient

Sure thing! My blood panels have basically stayed the same (even when I thought I had the stricture my CRP and sed levels were low). And yes, I just got the booster last week. I thought what turned out to be my third shot was actually my booster, so once I realized I didn’t need to wait 6 months for the booster, I got it. My only side effect this time was a slightly sore arm!

January 11, 2022
  • ShellyPatient

Gotcha. Thanks! OK, so you got a 4th shot? It's only been 3 months since my 3rd. The information on this is still so new and random. Makes me feel like a guinea pig of sorts. But I seriously considering for an extra level of protection. Feel good!!

January 11, 2022