IBD

Travel and COVID

MollyPatient
December 24, 2021 in IBD

I'm feeling a little anxious with Covid numbers going up. Fortunately, I am not traveling over the holidays, but a friend in getting married in mid-January and I want to see my dad who has stage-4 cancer. I have tickets booked to go to Minnesota in for both reasons, but I'm nervous.

What would make you change your travel plans?

I have N95 masks and was tested for covid antibodies and have them, so I know the vaccine is there doing its job--though I don't know what my antibody levels are.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

• invisibleUCPatient

Nervousness is normal during these times. I totally understand you wanting to visit your family. These times have reminded us just how precious life is. It seems you taken the most precautions you can and have the best masks. Don't forget to keep some sanitizing wipes on you and wipe your phone, keys, glasses and common frequently touched items clean. Also, If you do end up going just make sure that you try to remember not to get to comfortable at the wedding and keep your mask on and if possible avoid eating right next to someone at the same time. When people start eating and drinking at weddings they get comfortable and don't end up putting there masks back on etc. This is where your risk is elevated for contracting covid at these big social events especially if the hosts aren't requiring a negative covid test to attend. Wishing you safe travels!

January 7, 2022