Crohn’s Disease

Infusion Must Haves

KatelynPatient
Updated December 7, 2021 in Crohn’s Disease

What are your must have items for an infusion? I've been doing Remicade infusions for over 9 years now. I find that my "go to" items are a water bottle, headphones, something to read or do, a fully charged phone, and some snacks. I also make sure to wear comfortable clothes and dress in layers, since I tend to be pretty cold during my appointment. I used to always bring my own blanket from home as well, but over the past few years, I've switched to just using the ones the infusion clinic provides. Any other favorite items?

Tagged:

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• Wendy_LExpert
    Care Partner of Adult

If the clinic allows, someone to keep you company. As a mom, I was allowed to be with my minor son when he had his years ago, but even grownups like a friend present. :-)

December 6, 2021
  • KatelynPatient

Yes, totally agree! My mom used to come with me when I first started doing my infusions, even when I lived an hour and a half away from her. (Moms are the best.) Eventually, I started doing them on my own because I felt bad having my mom drive so far all of the time. I've also had my husband tag along a handful of times. It's always nice to have the company and support.

December 6, 2021
  • RachelJPatient

Blankets, drink, snack, book ( if can read it after premeds lol)

December 13, 2021
  • HppyKraBPatient

I tend towards the same things when I get infusions, though my insurance switched me to home infusions recently. At any rate, my other tips for keeping warm are fuzzy socks and a hat- I even wear mine in springtime if the meds are still chilly! 🧦

January 11, 2022
  • LaurenEBExpert
    Patient

A cozy blanket from home, headphones, water bottle, and a good book or audio book. Oh and comfy pants are a must.

July 6, 2022