IBD

What's a passion you found after IBD?

ibdxnathalieExpert
Patient
September 26, 2022 in IBD

I found out I loved painting only after I was diagnosed because I was looking for a hobby that was more accessible to me than running! I don't have as much time to paint but whenever I do, it's still just as enjoyable as the first painting I ever did.

1 - 7 of 7 Other Answers

• Wendy_LExpert
    Care Partner of Adult

Really beautiful. Is that acrylic?

September 26, 2022
  • LaurenEBExpert
    Patient

This is such a great question. I found a passion for advocacy because of IBD.

It took a while after diagnosis, but I became connected with others who had IBD and learned a lot about advocating for accessibility and necessary accommodations. This has led to a broader passion for making my voice heard, reaching out to elected officials, and fighting for underdogs everywhere.

September 27, 2022
  • ownyourcrohnsPatient

Advocacy work :)

October 15, 2022
  • Sahara88ukPatient

Advocacy, of course, plus gardening, houseplants, nature, and yoga. Things that bring me calm in a pretty chaotic world (and body).

May 31, 2023
  • Pswan0809522Medical Professional

Hello, 

My name is Paige Swanson, and I am a part of a local research site, participating in the BOOM-IBD clinical trial.

The BOOM-IBD clinical trial is a prospective, multicenter, single-arm early feasibility study looking to evaluate the safety and performance of sacral nerve stimulation in subjects diagnosed with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Boomerang Medical is now seeking volunteers to participate in an early feasibility study for the evaluation of a device to aid with the treatment of Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. I have included the official link to the study website below, please review the Boomerang clinical trial information on the website. For reference, I am attaching our flyer as well.  

www.boomerangtrial.com

Please let me know if you’d like to share the trial with your audience.

www.boomerangtrial.com

June 7, 2023
  • Pswan0809522Medical Professional