IBS

Colonoscopy Tomorrow (9/22/22)!!

MaryPettigrewPatient
September 21, 2022 in IBS

Hey guys!

I just started my prep “cocktail” for my colonoscopy tomorrow morning. The ongoing toilet issues don’t bother me because I’m quite used to the poopy life! I’m sure y’all can relate! Anyhoo, I know this may sound weird, but with the exception of a cancer diagnosis, I’m hoping they find SOMETHING besides saying it’s still IBS. UGH! I also have MS & that’s been a walk in the park compared to living with IBS. It’s become almost a daily problem & has affected my quality of life big time! I’ve been trying to apply the FODMAP protocol & other things, but to no avail so far. I’m not hopeless, just exhausted & frustrated beyond words. Any thoughts or input? I’ll post an update as to my results from tomorrow’s procedure.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• ibdxnathalieExpert
    Patient

I wish you the best of luck and for results that would improve your quality of life <3, I recommend to sit back and watch some of your favorite Netflix shows and get some rest ((:

September 21, 2022
  • Wendy_LExpert
    Care Partner of Adult

I understand your frustration, and I hope you get whatever news will help you understand your issues better and hopefully provide further treatment, if necessary. Apart from that, I hope it is uneventful. :-)

September 22, 2022
  • Jackie_ZExpert
    Patient

I 100% thought all of my bowel issues were due to MS in the beginning so I totally understand. They found UC though in the first scope that I did. Hoping that you get some helpful answers and that will get you on a path for effective treatments!

September 26, 2022
  • LaurenEBExpert
    Patient

Hope you got some answers! I find not knowing what's going on to be the most stressful part of anything medical.

September 27, 2022