Crohn’s Disease

Covid Positive, On Stelara, Taking Paxlovid?

ShellyPatient
May 9, 2022 in Crohn’s Disease

Hi, I just tested positive for Covid despite being super careful and always masked indoors. Go figure!!

I'm on Stelara and wondering is anyone has experienced taking the anitviral Paxlovid?

Tagged:

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• LaurenEBExpert
    Patient

I just had COVID at the end of April (also after 2+ years of literally avoiding it like the plague). I ended up on a 5-day course of prednisone to fully kick the COVID symptoms, but my doctor didn't recommend Paxlovid for me.

(I'm not on Stelara, but on another biologic.)

June 22, 2022
  • ShellyPatient

Thank Lauren! Glad you're well. What biologic are you on?

June 22, 2022
  • Jackie_ZExpert
    Patient

I don't think this was approved when I had Covid in Jan, so I didn't take it. I also waited too long to get an official Covid DX but all the doctors agreed it was Covid.

My symptoms and cough in particular lasted over a month.

Wondering if anyone who has taken Paxlovid had an easier recovery? How's your recovering going @Shelly?

June 23, 2022
  • ShellyPatient

I'm doing just fine...thanks! I took Paxlovid 2 days after testing positive due to some congestion in chest. Generally mild symptoms for 5 days with lingering cough. No biggie! 🙏

June 23, 2022
  • LaurenEBExpert
    Patient

Inflectra. I was on Remicade but was switched to the biosimilar (by insurance) last year.

June 23, 2022
  • LaurenEBExpert
    Patient

Inflectra. I was on Remicade but was switched to the biosimilar (by insurance) last year.

June 23, 2022
  • ownyourcrohnsPatient

I'm on Stelara and 6mp and my GI doctor and I have discussed Paxlovid if and when I test positive for COVID.

June 24, 2022