Ulcerative Colitis

If you wrote a letter to society, what would you say?

Jackie_ZExpert
Patient
February 11, 2022 in Ulcerative Colitis

A few years ago I went on a tear writing letters to society about how I felt, and treatment of disabled people, and about all the things that kind of sucked about how the world treats illness.

They're some of my favorite blogs I've ever written and sometimes it just feels good to put it all out there.

If you were to write a letter to society, as a UC patient, what would you say?

You can read mine here:

https://www.healthcentral.com/article/dear-society-letter-ulcerative-colitis-stigma

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• Wendy_LExpert
    Care Partner of Adult

Just read Jackie's letter...well done, you. I don't dare write mine, because last Sunday night, while my son was in the hospital after being cut open and I could not visit him at all, I was VERY angry at society. So I will hold off sharing my letter for the time being. ;-)

February 12, 2022
  • Jackie_ZExpert
    Patient

I fully understand. Maybe that's the PERFECT time to write a letter though. You don't have to share them but I feel like it does help to get some feelings out.

February 15, 2022
  • Wendy_LExpert
    Care Partner of Adult

Confession time: I DID write mine that rageful Sunday night letter. Ended up dictating it into my phone and sending it to my husband (who was home in Virginia while I was in Florida), just because I wanted to share it safely. So society knows damn well how I feel about it now; trust you me. But I'm doing much better now ;-)

February 15, 2022
  • Jackie_ZExpert
    Patient