IBD

Calming Tools for Mental Health with IBD

Wendy_LExpert
Care Partner of Adult
Updated December 7, 2021 in IBD

When it comes to managing IBD and mental health, it never hurts to have a large tool box of ideas. So here's one that my son just told me he uses: binaural beats as a calming meditative tool. He says there are many websites that offer good choices. He uses them for relaxation, especially before going to bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• KarinLyfePatient

I believe in music therapy - always calms me to listen to classical music and Andrea Bocelli!

December 2, 2021
  • AnnMarieOther

Love love love music therapy. I have a set play list to help my mood. Singing at the top of my lungs is real therapy to me. Off key but hey who cares lol

December 2, 2021
  • KatelynPatient

I started doing guided meditation 6 years ago and found that it really helped me. I like using the Calm app, but there are a lot of other great meditation resources that I know others have used and like, such as meditation tracks on Spotify and Headspace. I found that the meditations were helpful for getting me through medical anxiety (I hate needles), along with helping me manage general stress and anxiety.

December 2, 2021
  • Wendy_LExpert
    Care Partner of Adult

Another tool I want to put out there: Virtual Hope Box app. My son used to use this until he got bored with it, but it provides lots of interesting tools.

December 2, 2021
  • MollyPatient

I'm not familiar with binaural beats. I'll have to look into it. There are a lot of meditation apps that can be helpful. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction is also worth looking into.

December 2, 2021